Library Assessment in Higher EducationPaperback - 2015
Written specifically to address the library's role in education, this book provides guidance on performing assessment at academic institutions that will serve to improve teaching effectiveness and prove your library's impact on student learning outcomes--and thereby demonstrate your library's value.
* Demonstrates the critical nature of assessment in academic libraries in the 21st century
* Identifies and discusses in detail effective assessment practices in higher education
* Explains why and how specific methods have been useful in determining the library's impact
* Suggests methods to use to demonstrate your library's significant value in multiple areas
* Identifies ways in which any library can get started with assessment in their library
* Shows how libraries can demonstrate their support of the university's vision and mission