Massage for Sport PerformancePaperback - 2011
Train harder, recover quickly, and improve performance! Today's top athletes rely on sport massage to stay healthy, at the top of their game, and a step ahead of the competition. With Massage for Sport Performance, you can too.
In this special book and DVD package, renowned sport massage therapist Michael McGillicuddy demonstrates the same techniques he has used to train and prepare the world's elite track and field athletes for Olympic competition. Massage for Sport Performance will show you how to
* perform both self-massage and partner-assisted massage;
* administer the most effective routines for pre- and postcompetition;
* stretch, warm up, and activate primary muscles;
* treat critical muscle groups for elevated performance;
* speed recovery; and
* minimize injury, pain, and fatigue.
Throughout you'll also find advice, tips, and variations for specific sports as well as massage recommendations for basketball, running, track and field, soccer, and swimming.
With step-by-step instruction, photo sequences, and video demonstrations of the primary techniques, Massage for Sport Performance is the definitive guide for players, coaches, and athletes alike.