Building the Frick Collection
An Introduction to the House and Its CollectionsPaperback - 2006
A history of the building at 1 East 70th Street, New York, that served as the home of Henry Clay Frick and his family, and later became the museum known as the Frick Collection. Treats the design, erection and decoration of the Frick home (1912-1915), its conversion to museum (1932-1935) and its expansion to current form (1973-1977). The book, containing 117 illustrations, also discusses successive adjacent buildings housing the Frick Art Reference Library.
Publisher: New York : Frick Collection in association with Scala, 2006.
Characteristics: 128 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 26 cm.