An Interpretation of the Qurʼan
English Translation of the Meanings : A Bilingual EditionPaperback - 2004
To followers of Islam, the Qur'an is the literal word of God, revealed through Muhammad, the last of the line of prophets, containing all that is necessary to lead a life of righteousness.
This new bilingual edition, approved by Al-Azhar University, the chief center of Islamic and Arabic learning in the world, offers a comprehensive and accurate rendering of the Qur'an into modern English. The clear, rigorous translation, one of the only English translations available by a native Arabic speaker, is laid out here in dual column format directly opposing the Arabic text to allow the reader to make careful verse by verse comparisons.
* approved by Al-Azhar University, Cairo
* easy-to-read translation into modern English
* index of surahs (chapters)
* English and Arabic headers
* verse numbers within text in English and Arabic
* explanatory footnotes in English