Invention of the Modern CookbookBook - 2010
This eye-opening history will change the way you read a cookbook or regard a TV chef, making cooking ventures vastly more interesting--and a lot more fun.
* Numerous recipes and quotations from original manuscripts from the 17th and 18th centuries
* A substantial timeline ranging from 1500 to 1800, describing the major events in culinary history
* Dozens of original period prints by well-known artists relating to food, plus images from major culinary texts
* A glossary of foreign and specialized culinary terms
* A selected bibliography including electronic resources to help readers find primary and secondary materials relating to culinary history