Study Skills for Dyslexic StudentsWebsite or Online Data - 2008
'A valuable resource for students who may need overt direction in "learning how to learn"' - CHOICE
'[T]his study skills text book offers students an overview of the skills needed for study; it does pay attention to the particular needs of dyslexic students both in its design and its material' - The Skill Journal
Are you struggling to manage your workload? Do you need help with planning and revising?
Written with the needs of dyslexic students in further and higher education in mind, this book will motivate, inspire and guide you through your studies.
It is set out in an accessible format and includes a CD packed with tools and resources to help you plan your work, improve your skills, and boost your confidence.
There's advice on:
- planning your workload to fit your schedule
- note-taking and note-making
- reading strategies and speed reading
- answering essay questions
- improving your grammar, spelling and punctuation
- improving mathematics skills and using statistics
- examination techniques
- using ICT to help you
This is an essential read for all dyslexic students in further and higher education.