The Mathematics Teacher's HandbookBook - 2009
'Reading the book made me wish I could start teaching all over again. It is thought provoking with lots of suggestions for new and old teachers alike. I would recommend as a must to all NQT's, trainees and non specialists.'
Teresa Bird, Maths teacher, Burnley
It has challenged the way I approach, teach, and even think about maths myself. It is great to read a book written with such passion offering suggestions that anyone can try the next day. The ideas I have tried have been really successful and provided enjoyable and sometimes memorable experiences. The book makes you think, and the challenge is to change not just what you are thinking but what you are actually doing in the classroom and see for yourself what effect it has on the learning taking place.
Zoë Jagelman, KS2 Teacher, St Michael's CE School Bothel
This comprehensive handbook provides mathematics teachers with practical advice on
- starting teaching in the mathematics classroom
- developing an effective classroom culture
- understanding the balance between teaching and learning mathematics
- Using assessment as an integral part of teaching and learning
- Progressing mathematical concept development
This handbook is a must for every mathematics teacher!